It’s a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we’re doing just that.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
As the newest member of the Food team, you will help contribute to the Food development in R&D or organized restaurant environment. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, enthusiastic, motivated Lab Technician with knowledge of food GMP, experience in food product development, process development, culinary & sensory is a plus. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to contribute to a small team in a fast paced, collaborative start-up environment.
- Learn and understand the basics of food ingredients, food products, food nutrition and food product manufacturing processes in support of executing project tasks with efficiency and rigor.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and product in the food development lab to include ordering, receiving, labeling, shelving and shipping, as well as weighing ingredients.
- Be responsible for lab cleanup/tidying.
- Record keeping (inventory, MSDS, routine maintenance, experimental/observational data) and report preparation.
- Weighing and processing product (running pilot plan machines & unit operations, including but not limited to pasteurizer, homogenizer and spray drier).
- Analyzing materials utilizing analytical equipment such as pH meter, Turbiscan and functionality assays.
- Assisting with media prep, as required.
- Suggesting improvements to existing workflows.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associates degree in food science, biological sciences, or life sciences with 1-2 years of experience in food industry is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in food science, biological sciences, or life sciences a plus.
- Food development in R&D or organized restaurant environment, knowledge of food GMP, experience in food product development, process development, culinary & sensory is a plus.
- Prior operation of food equipment (food pilot preferred).
- Disciplined approach to understand scope of experiments with guidance from Research Scientist.
- Flawless execution of tasks at hand while practicing GMP and upholding the highest standards of food and personal safety.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, climb, kneel, bend, and at times lift objects as heavy as 50 lbs.
- Some travel will be required.
- Position located in a mix of typical laboratory, workshop, and kitchen environments, and requires a tolerance for high worker traffic, close quarters, noise, odors, dust, transiently wet and dirty floors, and varying room temperatures and lighting.
It’s a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!