Internship positions are located at PIMCO’s Newport Beach, CA Headquarters.
See yourself as a Business Development Research Analyst:
The Business Development Research (BDR) Group is responsible for various research and analysis functions related to sales and business activity including competitor research; analysis for investment strategies; product and financial market data analysis; business activity; and trend analysis. The group’s responsibilities include the identification and assessment of related data and research sources and tools. The group maintains a strong understanding of PIMCO’s investment strategies and the institutional marketplace to deliver the latest analysis to our management teams and client management and sales professionals. BDR is innovative in finding solutions and interacts with various businesses across PIMCO in carrying out various research, technology, and strategic initiatives.
You will fill an integral role in the continued success of the Consultant Relations, OCIO, and Specialists group. Working closely with their mentors, you will engage in solutions-oriented projects as well as assist in day-to-day BDR activities to support overall servicing and sales efforts. You’ll work with PIMCO investment professionals, and occasionally, investment consultants and clients. Further, you’ll be strongly encouraged to offer out-of-the-box ideas to enhance new and existing best practices. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn a variety of financial markets tools and PIMCO proprietary systems related to the business aspect of the investment management industry.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
Apply using the following link: https://pimco.avature.net/su/626918fad174a1af
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 – June 2023
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll Excel as a BDS Analyst if you:
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of VBA, and PowerPoint
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Are familiar with financial markets and have a strong interest in learning about the investment management industry, competitive landscape and client, prospect, and consultant relationships
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment
- Show commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that work is complete, accurate and on time
- Show strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communications
- Have experience or prior college internships in a financial, client-oriented role
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble