Plant Construction Company, L.P. is an award‐winning general contractor headquartered in San Francisco with an annual volume of approximately $400M. For more than seven decades, Plant has been a leader in the construction industry providing preconstruction, construction management, and general contracting services on a diverse group of project types including seismic renovation, infrastructure, life sciences, education, office, mixed-use developments, historic structures, hospitality and residential. We are known to consistently deliver quality construction, detailed and accurate estimates, and “high touch” client services for the most complex projects. A firm of approximately 300 people, Plant is recognized for consistently meeting the standard set by the slogan “The Finest Construction Services, Efficiently Performed, Delivered on Schedule.” For seventy-three years our focus has been on quality and client services.
We are seeking several summer construction interns who possess strong IT skills, an aptitude for leadership and are in the process of obtaining a related degree in construction management, engineering or architecture. Longer duration co-op opportunities will also be considered. Any relevant experience is beneficial, such as estimating, project scheduling and plan/blueprint reading.
Our objective is to provide you with a learning experience that prepares you to become an Assistant Project Manager at Plant Construction Company, L.P. Interns will be paired with a Project Manager mentor who will guide and advise you and will be assigned to a specific project for the duration of your internship. Your experience with Plant should cover skills in a range of areas including: project management, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, construction technology, field operations, office operations, building materials, and construction/building codes and regulations.
Here is a list of tasks that we expect you may perform:
· Prepare quantity take-offs, call vendors and subcontractors for proposals
· Assist with project record keeping
· Prepare shop drawings for review
· Assist with daily field reports
· Assist with safety inspections and attend safety training
· Log and process submittals
· Assist with cost control, inventory control, schedule checking, and problem solving
· Assist the team of project managers and superintendents at as high a responsibility level as possible
· Coordinate and monitor subcontractor activities, verify work in place, and provide progress notes
· Process change orders and work orders
· Arrange for utility services and obtain permits
· Supervise punch list activities
· Expedite material deliveries, assist in documenting and preparing claims
· Prepare charts and formal reports
· Other jobsites tours as made available
· Training on Procore, Sage Timberline 300, other databases as needed
Most of our projects are located within the San Francisco Bay Area or within 40 miles of the city limit. Our interns are responsible for making their own housing and transportation arrangements.
If you are interested, please provide your resume for further consideration. This is expected to be a a full-time 40 hour per week position.