Play Works Children’s Therapies is a multidisciplinary pediatric therapy clinic located in Hood River, Oregon, servicing the greater Columbia River Gorge region. Play Works provides Speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, feeding therapy/nutrition services, and ABA for children ages 0-18 years.
We are looking for a hard-working, playful, and dynamic Physical Therapist who has experience and passion for working with the pediatric population. We value our team members who inspire children and support their families. At Play Works we strive to work closely with children, families, and other professionals to help every child reach their maximum potential. Therefore, we strive to provide a positive, friendly work environment that supports its staff to their full potential.
If you are looking for a work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction due to a supportive group of co-workers and a rewarding caseload of children and their families, you are encouraged to apply!
- Evaluates patients, establishes an appropriate treatment plan meeting the needs of the patient and formulates treatment goals
- Provides treatments and completes all necessary documentation per department policy
- Maintain a pediatric physical therapy caseload as outlined and described later in this letter
- Participates in the departments’ quality improvement and safety programs as assigned Internal communications include contact with patients and family members, clinic staff and referring physicians/providers
- Maintains accurate and timely patient records including but not limited to progress notes, patient evaluation, re-evaluations, discharge summaries, and billing forms. Co-signs same-therapy assistant documentation after reviewing for content and appropriateness, as needed
- Provides information to other medical/allied health personnel regarding a patient’s progress, needs and discharge plans
- Recognize patients needs beyond therapist scope of practice with ability to advocate for families
- Instructs patient and family in appropriate exercises to continue at home and provides written material as a reference
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, teamwork, professionalism and confidentiality
- Continuously develops skill sets with attending any of the following: professional continuing education programs, in-service training, and seminars
- Accepts other duties and assignments within his/her scope of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment. Request orders of needed supplies and equipment in a timely manner to avoid emergency ordering
- Counsels patients and their families by informing them about available treatment options
- Minimizes delays in diagnosis and/or therapeutic intervention by coordinating and prioritizing the patient caseload
- Modifies therapy program by periodically re-evaluating therapy goals
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Advanced schedule to 90% productivity with successful session target 80%
- Contributes within physical therapy department by collaborating on the growth and development of new programs
- Participates in activities and events which increase public awareness of Play Works services within the community
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Comprehensive Medical benefits
- Retirement plan with employer contribution
- *Monthly productivity bonuses*
- Continuing Education reimbursement
- Ongoing team-building opportunities (rafting in the gorge, rock climbing, cycling, more!)
If you believe you have the dedication, desire, and qualifications to help create change for our children and families, then we invite you to apply immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year