Come to Point O’Pines Camp for Girls, a resort-style camp located in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. We have over 150 staff positions and several internship opportunities and seek to fill them with students from many different majors and backgrounds. Under the general supervision of Program Area Directors, Area Heads, and Camp Directors, interns will have the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge they have acquired in the classroom to a real world, fast-paced work environment.
Point O’Pines Camp is seeking to hire Dance Instructors for the 2022 summer season. The Dance Instructors will work as a team to instruct campers during our seven-week summer camp. The Choreographer will work with children between 7-16 years old with various levels of dance experience. The dance instructors will help choreograph and plan our end-of-summer dance showcases. Dance instructors may also work with our competitive dance teams. This experience will be a great opportunity for any seeking to work in dance or performing arts.
We pay for round trip airfare, room & board, and offer a competitive salary. Many of the college students we hire use their experience at Point O’Pines to satisfy internship requirements or to gain experience in their field of study.
- Apply the knowledge to the real world in our beautiful dance studios.
- Gain valuable teaching experience working with children of all ages and ability levels.
- Develop a larger portfolio.
- Choreograph musical numbers for children between 7-16 shows.
- Instruct campers of all ability levels.
- Supervise and care for the safe use of all studio equipment.
- Experience and skills in one or more disciplines (including but not limited to ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, tap).
- Willingness to work with children ages 7-16
- Availability from June 19th-Aug 14th
Want to see camp in action? Here’s our summer in one minute!