POWER Engineers’ Environmental Division provides planning, permitting, engineering, site assessment, and corrective action services to clients worldwide. Across multiple industries, our diverse staff specializes in the areas of air, water, waste, ecological and cultural resources throughout our offices located across the country and internationally.
We are seeking a highly motivated, Environmental Planner/Coordinator for full-time employment in our growing Portland, Oregon office in support of our Environmental Project Management Department. The selected candidates would join a team of more than 250 environmental professionals across the U.S. This position would assist the Environmental Project Management Team on electrical infrastructure and renewable energy generation planning and environmental permitting projects, mainly in the Pacific Northwest. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist senior staff in energy infrastructure routing and siting studies
- Assist in preparation and technical writing of environmental planning and analysis documents
- Assist in the preparation of Clean Water Act Permits, Section 401 and 404, or other permit applications
- Assist with local zoning or permit applications
- Assist senior staff in field reviews and investigations to determine suitable project site locations
- Monitoring deliverables, document management, and overall project schedule to assist the Project Management team
- Interfacing with internal project managers/staff, clients, and sub-contractors
- Research local, state, and federal permitting requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education: This position requires a BS degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Urban Planning, Landscape Architectural, or a related degree.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience
- Less experience acceptable with a master’s degree in a related field as mentioned above
- Knowledge and interest in federal, state, and local environmental policy and regulation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team and collaborative environment, both internally and with clients
- Ability to attend and participate in open house and public meeting environments
- Ability to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-starter willing to tackle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Master’s Degree in the fields above is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Google Earth or ArcGIS is a plus
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits and deep technical skills account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefits package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Paid Sick Leave
- Voluntary Life Insurance