Our Technology & Engineering internship program offers opportunities for 95+ interns and has a strong reputation with over 20 years of history. You’ll work on real projects collaborating with a range of team members, including other interns through senior level management. We’ll place you in a role customized to your expertise and interests, all while working in an Agile team environment. You’ll be assigned a formal leader and mentor to help guide you through the program. This is an excellent opportunity to understand and learn more about Principal’s Technology Engineering culture!
As an Info Security Engineer intern, team alignment could be within our governance, identity and access management, or cyber defense operations teams with the following project involvement:
- Cyber defense operations team serves as the first line of defense against cyber-attacks by monitoring for and analyzing potential threats and vulnerabilities in Principal’s network
- Governance teams work directly with the business to develop and enforce new security policies and standards, and information security risk management works to identify information security risks within our business solutions in addition to creating visibility to information security risk posture
- Identity and access management teams build and support our enterprise authentication and access management solutions
What to expect from your internship?
We’re committed to providing you a great experience regardless of your preferred location. This past summer, we held our first ever hybrid based internship program – and had great success. Principal is committed to continuously enhancing capabilities to provide a highly collaborative hybrid work environment.
Our Internship Program offers many different ways to connect, network, and collaborate. Hear from Principal’s senior-most leaders through our Executive Speaker Series and collaborate with interns across the company in cross-disciplinary teams during our annual IT Intern Code Jam. To learn more specific details about our Internship Program, what to expect, etc. click here.
- Current enrollment – or has a degree – in a preferred science, technology, engineering, or math-related field of study
- Minimum 2.8 Cumulative GPA
- Involvement in student organizations on respective campus, within the community or prior internship experience
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for technology which includes:
- Technical curiosity
- Ability to think critically and solution for technology-based problems
- Interest in and/or experience with info security technologies/tooling
- Leadership positions within student, work or community organizations
- Past IT internship or work experience
- Technical experience with:
- Automation tooling
- DevOps, Agile methodologies
This internship can be located either at our corporate headquarters in Des Moines, IA, office in Charlotte, NC, or remote per your preference.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.