Begin a meaningful career right here.
P&G is seeking a talented Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) attorney to join the Global HSE Legal team in its North America Legal-Government Relations organization. The position is located in P&G’s corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
As a member of the Global HSE Legal team, this attorney will work on and lead all aspects of the Company’s HSE legal matters. The position requires the highest commitment to exceptional client service and cross-team collaboration and will involve significant contact and coordination with business clients and other Legal colleagues.
The position will focus on a number of areas, including:
• Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations related to the environment (i.e., air, water, hazardous waste, dangerous goods and chemical reporting regulations) and worker health and safety (i.e., Occupational Safety and Health Act);
• Providing leadership and legal advice on a wide range of legal issues arising under HSE laws relating to manufacturing and logistics sites throughout North America as well as globally;
• Leadership and development of HSE auditing and compliance programs for the Company’s manufacturing plants and other operating sites;
• Managing complex environmental matters, including litigation and remediation projects;
• Providing advice and strategic counsel in support of sustainability and product stewardship initiatives;
• Providing advice on environmental due diligence activities and negotiating environmental aspects of acquisitions and divestitures; and
• Providing advice on various real estate matters.
A successful candidate must have:
• A J.D. with outstanding academic performance, with moot court, law review or judicial clerkships preferred;
• Approximately 3-5 years of experience working as a lawyer with a law firm, in-house legal department or a government agency in an HSE legal role; Experience working with government agencies and permitting is preferred;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills;
• Established record of success in professional and personal activities;
• Proven leadership ability as well as the ability to work as a member of a team; and
• Membership in at least one state bar.
Although not required, it is desirable for candidates to have an Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science background.
P&G looks for well-rounded men and women with leadership skills, vision, and energy and offers an outstanding work environment, along with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
P&G is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. P&G does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in P&G’s sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
P&G participates in e-verify as required by law.
Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)