Begin a meaningful career right here.
This postdoctoral scientist role leverages unique technical mastery in colloid, surfactant, and/or polymer science against a specific technical need while gaining valuable industrial experience in consumer product development. Leverage your expertise in colloid and surface science to study and optimize the formation and deposition of polymer/surfactant complexes. Guide and influence technical project direction and solve complex technical problems by leveraging scientific/engineering skills within the context of a collaborative Technology Development team. Drive understanding developed through hands-on experimentation/application of polymer-surfactant interactions coupled with sound physical chemistry theory. Perform work in pragmatic and applied manner, and demonstrate implementation skills using your technical scientific knowledge to move the project forward.
• PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science & Engineering, or a related discipline
• Is technically rigorous in their lab work and acts with a sense of urgency
• Able to work independently, formulate hypotheses, develop test plans, problem solve, and think critically about their data
• Has excellent written and oral communication skills, and documents work in electronic laboratory notebooks and written reports
• Is comfortable with the uncertainty of an upstream R&D environment
• Has strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Expertise in rheology
• Expertise in interfacial characterization techniques (i.e. surface tension, interfacial tension)
• Expertise in colloidal characterization techniques (i.e. light microscopy, particle sizing, zeta potential)
• Experience in studying polymer adsorption on surfaces (i.e. ellipsometry, QCM-D, AFM)
• Understanding of fundamental driving forces in colloidal solutions
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits’ package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)