Begin a meaningful career right here.
Procter & Gamble is seeking a talented and experienced trademark paralegal to join its global trademark and copyright practices team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in non-patent intellectual property matters with an emphasis on domestic and international trademark clearance, prosecution and enforcement, as well as experience in managing a global trademark portfolio and complex global disputes. Success in the role will require an ability to combine legal expertise, practical business judgment, and sophisticated communication skills to offer clients clear explanations of complex legal issues together with creative and effective business solutions.
Core Job Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with in-house and outside trademark attorneys and other paralegals to manage an international trademark portfolio for one or more P&G business units.
* Conduct online, worldwide trademark searches and associated on-line marketplace investigations needed to enable the provision of clear, business-focused advice and risk analyses.
* Coordinate and synthesize opinions from global trademark agents, formulating actionable, pragmatic trademark strategies.
* Direct and prepare significant volumes of trademark applications, prosecution responses, and registration and renewal documents.
* Provide support on a broad range of non-patent intellectual property matters, including domestic and international trademark clearance, copyright, and persona and image rights.
* Evaluate, investigate, and develop strategies for cease and desist letters, domain name proceedings, online marketplace takedowns, oppositions and other trademark and copyright enforcement activities; assist with negotiation of settlements and draft settlement and coexistence agreements; provide trademark subject matter expertise for litigation and customs matters.
* Support complex transactions, including due diligence and agreement review related to mergers and acquisitions as well as joint venture and product development relationships. Advise business teams and cross-functional legal teams on trademark and copyright aspects of commercial transactions.
* Develop training and train client groups, other legal team members, and foreign agents.
*Note – This is not an attorney position and will not evolve into an attorney position.
An Associates degree or other related degree and/or work-related experience.
* 3+ years of trademark experience, in-house or in a law firm
* Experience in managing trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities
* Familiarity with on-line trademark screening tools such as Compumark or Corsearch strongly preferred.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)