At PROFESSIONAL, the Northwest’s leading Collection and Recovery Agency and Early-Out Vendor, we take pride in providing a committed team environment in a business setting with opportunities for growth. If you are a dynamic, results-oriented professional, we encourage you to consider building a future with our company.
The Legal Clerk responsibilities include assisting with legal document preparation for our Legal Department. You will work on a variety of administrative duties including creating and preparing routine, production-level pleadings from templates, proofreading, verifying, and editing all materials with accuracy and clarity. Additionally, you will work closely with attorneys, courts, and management to efficiently progress cases through to resolution while handling confidential information consistent with state and federal regulations and PROFESSIONAL’s ethical policies.
COVID-19 Considerations/Work Environment
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm and is located onsite in a COVID safe environment that meets Oregon’s OSHA and OHA COVID-19 rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize current processes and systems to prepare legal documents
- Utilize critical thinking, attention to detail, and decision-making skills to review statements, contracts and letters for accuracy and clarity and include relevant information when preparing legal documents
- File, mail and scan documents/Maintain accurate case records
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing communications on behalf of staff attorneys
- Report accurate and consistent production numbers to Management
- Communicate with courts and other case parties to schedule hearings and progress cases.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalence, AA or Bachelors preferred and/or previous legal experience
- Great capacity for multi-tasking and attention to detail is key
- Self- motivated and dependable
- Ability to work with and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Professional, friendly, motivated and focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work responsibly both independently and with team members
In addition to offering challenging and rewarding opportunities, PROFESSIONAL offers a competitive compensation structure, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, traditional 401k/Roth Plan, free gym membership, Paid Time-Off and Holidays, Volunteer and Community Outreach Programs, and a smart casual environment.
Apply today by emailing your resume to: email@example.com.
See what it’s like to work at PROFESSIONAL by visiting our website and seeing our video at: http://professionalcredit.com/index.php/about-us/careers