PROFESSIONAL is the Pacific Northwest’s leading accounts receivable management firm, specializing in early-out and recovery services for healthcare providers and government agencies nationwide. At Professional we do things a little differently, which is what sets us apart from our competitors. We seek to humanize account management by providing consumers with compassionate financial care and cutting-edge technologies that help them make the best decisions for their financial health and by doing so enhance consumer-client relationships.
The Legal department is responsible for the processing of all legal actions for our collection agency. The LEGAL SUPERVISOR will oversee the performance and development of the legal staff involved in full cycle legal management. The Supervisor oversees the preparation of all legal pleadings from the original filing of lawsuits through completion of judgment and garnishment with the guidance of our attorneys.
Do you consider yourself a problem-solver? Do you enjoy helping people? Are you looking for a job where you can make a meaningful impact on the lives of others?
Then a Legal Supervisor position might be for you!
Ready to learn more?
The position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday and onsite in a COVID safe environment that meets Oregon’s OSHA and OHA COVID-19 rules.
A day in the life of a PROFESSIONAL Legal Supervisor:
- Assist in reviewing pleadings, motions, documentation and exhibits
- Oversee staff responsible for the preparation of lawsuits, judgments and all other court pleadings
- Recommend process/policy change to ensure efficiency and compliance with all regulations and assist in the documentation and training of those changes
- Prepare production reports weekly
- Perform audits on resource and staff utilization
- Liaise between Collections Department, Client Services Department and external organizations to include:
o Courts and administrative agencies
o Service companies and sheriff offices
o Forwarding attorneys
o Insurance carriers
- Trouble shoot and execute process improvements for legal functions
- Communicate with and manage caseload of several out-of-state attorneys, including management of judgments obtained by original creditor and assigned judgments for enforcement
- Project and cultivate an ownership attitude for the development and execution strategies related to compliance of various state and federal laws and requirements
- Contribute to making the Mission and Vision of our organization a reality within the framework of our corporate values
Supervisory Responsibilities would include:
- Ensure employees are succeeding through coaching, development and communication of required skills; accomplish team goals by developing high-performing team members
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and FDCPA regulations
- Supervise, coach and train employees on policies, procedures and work instructions updates and changes to their job responsibilities
- Assist with recruiting and hiring efforts for legal department, as needed
- Audit legal clerk and automated work products within our legal management systems
PROFESSIONAL Legal Supervisor qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred
- At least two years of experience in comparable legal/administrative experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Adobe and PowerPoint
- Paralegal and/or legal experience preferred
- Able to embrace technology and automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail at all times
- Work responsibly both independently and with team members
- Professional, friendly, self-motivated and dependable
- Proven ability to manage people in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
PROFESSIONAL employment perks:
- A stable organization offering an exciting yet challenging employment opportunity,
- Growth potential, both personally and professionally.
- Great benefits (health, dental & vision Insurance) & traditional 401k/Roth Plan
- Paid Time-Off and paid Holidays
- Free gym membership
- Paid Volunteer and Community Outreach Program that allows you to ‘help others’ in the community,
- Casual work environment
- We are conveniently located on the EMX line and provide a free bus pass.
See what it’s like to work at PROFESSIONAL by visiting our website and check out our video: http://www.professionalcredit.com/index.php/careers
Apply today to get your career started by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.professionalcredit.com/careers