At PROFESSIONAL, the Northwest’s leading Collection and Recovery Agency and Early-Out Vendor, we take pride in providing a committed team environment in an ethical business setting with opportunities for growth. If you are a dynamic, results-oriented professional, we encourage you to consider building your future with us.
PROFESSIONAL specializes in the financial services industry and we are seeking to add to our Staff Attorney group. Prospective candidates can expect to work in a collegial, fast-paced environment. The Staff Attorney will be responsible for representing the organization in civil litigation and other legal proceedings, reviewing and preparing legal documents, and managing or advising the organization on legal transactions. The Staff Attorney may specialize in a single area or may practice broadly in many areas of law, depending upon aptitude and preference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help ensure that the organization’s activities are compliant with federal laws and regulations, by developing a working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, as well as analogous state laws and regulations.
- Oversee various cases that progress through the legal system, including filing lawsuits, motion practice, and appearing in court hearings on behalf of the organization.
- Offer general legal advice and services such as research and contract drafting or review.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to help identify potential process improvements for the organization’s legal functions.
- Oversee and manage a high-volume caseload.
- Provide support to the General Counsel and other in-house attorneys with case management needs, and assist business leaders with projects that help the organization meet its objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school, along with admission to practice law in Oregon.
- The willingness and ability to be licensed in other Western states, as needed, preferably CA, UT, AZ, and/or ID.
- 1-3 years of applicable law practice experience preferred (entry-level attorneys are encouraged to apply).
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to senior management, courts, and the organization’s different business groups.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers, and the business community.
- Handle long-term and/or complex legal projects with significant impact on the business (financial or otherwise).
- Experience resolving conflicts between groups of opposing perspectives, agendas, or priorities.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to represent the organization at local or national industry conferences, as well as through local charitable organizations.
In addition to offering challenging and rewarding opportunities, PROFESSIONAL offers a competitive compensation structure, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, traditional 401k/Roth Plan, Paid Time-Off and Holidays, Volunteer and Community Outreach Programs, Wellness Initiatives and a smart casual work environment.
Apply today by emailing your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See what it’s like to work at PROFESSIONAL by visiting our website: http://professionalcredit.com/index.php/about-us/careers