Promega is an international bio-tech company with over 4000 high quality products that have been supporting science for over 40 years. We support scientists researching life and disease, pharma companies developing new treatments, forensic labs matching DNA from crime scenes and clinical labs running and confirming health tests – and that’s just the beginning. And yes, we have been extremely busy providing our technologies to support COVID-19 testing and research.
We strive to create an open, inviting and inclusive culture – we care about you as a person, not just a team member. We embrace the principles of emotional and social intelligence – which helps our employees improve relationships, manage stress and enhance connections. Establishing and maintaining relationships is part of the foundation of our culture – teams are more like family than co-workers.
Our campus speaks volumes. Headquartered in Madison, employees work in and around a campus with multiple buildings that are integrated into a natural setting with trails, ponds, woods and a restored prairie. Sustainability is important – we invest in energy efficiency and use renewable energy. Our culinary team offers top notch food to employees – including an onsite garden to supply fresh produce. Check out our campus through this map, and learn more about our people and sustainable practices.
We are a R&D scientific team of highly motivated, energetic, and inquisitive individuals. We specialize in technology innovation and application to address cutting-edge research questions in the area of targeted protein degradation and PROTACs. We work closely together to achieve our scientific goals and have an extensive network of internal and external collaborations. We work in partnerships with academic laboratories as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to provide products and services, and in addition support joint peer-reviewed publications.
As part of our team in this Research Scientist IV position, you will work extensively and independently with external customers to develop, design, and execute their projects in the area of targeted protein degradation as part of our larger Elite Access program. Each of these projects will be custom designed for each request, and we will leverage the expertise within our larger team to determine the best initial proposal. The majority of the time in this position will be spent in the laboratory, but will also include customers teleconferences, trouble-shooting, writing reports, and internal meetings.
You are a very detail oriented and organized person who preferably has a PhD or Master’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related Cell Biology. Post-graduate experience in an academic and/or industry laboratory is a plus. You enjoy working in the laboratory, have excellent communication skills, thrive working with others on teams and projects, and can manage timelines well.
*This position is a one-year LTE role. There is strong potential to transition into a permanent position based on performance and business needs.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Manage and execute custom projects in the area of targeted protein degradation, including design, new assay development, and small molecule compound screening. Principally involved with the execution and analysis of laboratory experiments. Designs, analyzes, interprets series of experiments and may assume leadership to achieve project goals.
1. Recognized as an expert in multiple areas of technical specialization.
2. Generate clear and concise technical documentation and contribute to internal and/or external literature.
3. Analysis of issues and data, drawing conclusions and taking actions based on these conclusions.
4. Work independently, may direct work of others.
5. Create experimental strategy and identify pitfalls.
6. Mentor or technical resource for others and begin training others in project planning.
7. Read and understand peer reviewed scientific literature.
8. Derive information from multiple sources to design a plan.
9. Work with team to establish product specifications and determine whether performance of product/service meets customer needs.
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. B.S. degree in scientific discipline with 8+ years post graduate lab experience
2. M.S. degree in scientific discipline or equivalent with 4+ years postgraduate lab experience.
3. Demonstrated competence in the design and execution of complex experimental strategies.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
To apply, view a complete job description, and learn more about our company, please visit:
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.