Who Are We?
We are a passionate and hardworking team of physicians, business leaders, and healthcare-focused students dedicated to improving the quality of healthcare.
What Is Our Mission?
Our mission is to innovatively support healthcare providers of today while investing in those of tomorrow.
What Does A Medical Scribe Do?
You are the physician’s right-hand woman or man. In short, you are responsible for recording and translating the interaction between your physicians and their patients into the electronic medical record (EMR) in an accurate and timely manner. You can also expect to perform other related duties as needed to improve provider efficiency and patient satisfaction.
What Does It Take To Be A Medical Scribe?
We seek and value candidates with a passion for healthcare, a collaborative mindset, and a commitment to excellence and professionalism.
- High school diploma
- Healthcare-focused college sophomore status or higher
- Freshman are considered if you have completed Medical Terminology and/or Anatomy & Physiology
- Ability to work at least 2 shifts (or 16 hours) per week for 6 months
We strongly prefer:
- Pre-health career track
- Familiarity with clinical procedures
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology
- Keyboard proficiency (60 wpm)
Ideally, our scribes possess:
- High professional and ethical standards
- Cognizance of delicate and confidential patient information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
And the ability to:
- Work in a dynamic, highly stressful environment
- Observe and draft an accurate and cogent account of events
- Learn and apply basic medical terminologies and techniques
- Communicate and interact professionally with others
- Operate a personal computer and related software applications
Why Choose ProScribe?
Proscribe is unique because we offer a positive, uplifting culture that invests in you. We are committed to ensuring your success as a scribe, cultivating a sense of community, and facilitating your future career aspirations.
What Does ProScribe Offer?
- Clinical exposure
- Flexible scheduling
- Hands-on experience
- Volunteer opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Part-time and full-time openings
- Discounts on Kaplan Test Prep courses
- Paid training with hourly wage increase upon completion
- Discounts on admissions counseling from Med School Coach
- Letter of recommendation personally endorsed by our Chief Medical Officer and Founder, Dr. Tim Taylor (*based on performance and completion of hours)
- Guaranteed interview with Ross University School of Medicine (*provided all academic requirements are met)
- Wellness discount on Gold’s Gym memberships at corporate locations
**Pay rate varies by shift and location.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
We look forward to speaking with you!