Entry-Level Site Solutions Consultant
Indianapolis, IN , North America
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
We invite you to bring your excellent time management and field work skills into play as you follow the regulatory requirements to help clean up contaminated sites. To succeed in this role, you must have a BS or MS in Geology or Engineering (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering) from an accredited institution and have 0-3 years of experience in a related field. A MS degree is strongly preferred. Are you our new Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop personal excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment & Health Division
As our new Consultant you will be part of our interdisciplinary team in Indianapolis, IN. You will work with all levels of expertise from entry level team members to members with decades of experience, many of whom are subject matter experts in their fields. Consultants and Managers are part of a continual learning environment where they learn through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job tasks.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with development and implementation of comprehensive site investigations by participating in scope of work development, field work, and data analysis to characterize contaminants in sediments, soil, surface water, and groundwater.
- Installation of soil borings and monitoring wells using a variety of drilling methods; characterization of unconsolidated and consolidated lithologies; conducting and analyzing slug, pump, and packer tests; conducting surface and borehole geophysical investigations; collecting environmental media samples of soil, groundwater, surface water, soil gas, and ambient air; and development of site conceptual models.
- Evaluating environmental data to support environmental fate and transport assessments and extent and magnitude of contamination determinations for the evaluation of site closure options.
- Evaluating federal, state and local environmental regulatory requirements for waste, air quality, and water quality programs and preparing associated plans, permits, and reports.
- Providing geologic and/or engineering support for a variety of environmental remediation projects, both in the office and in a field setting.
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of technical reports.
- Oversight of field projects and management of subcontractors.
- Collection and management of environmental and/or residential/institutional samples.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Candidates must have a BS or MS in Geology or Engineering (MS level degree is strongly preferred) from an accredited institution and have 0-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Traditional or Environmental Field Camp and/or environmental field experience is desired.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% average over the year and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from one to ten days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project. Work hours will vary based on projects requirements and client requests
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Project
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Ability and willingness to work as a responsible, independent team players in a consulting environment, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Classwork or experience with fate and transport, hydraulic, and/or hydrogeological modeling and GIS mapping a plus
Physical requirements for this role include: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees will be required to take specific training and to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) on some occasions.
Welcome to our Environment & Health Division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a global people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment.
We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online https://ramboll.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Early_Careers/job/Indianapolis/Environment-and-Health—Entry-Level-Site-Solutions-Consultant_JR17289-2
Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!