Mann Memorial Veterinary Clinic is looking for a Veterinary Technician to join their fast-paced team in Arundel, ME. This position is available full-time, Monday-Friday. No weekends or nights!
- Provides compassionate care to patients and clients
- Keeps accurate medical records in accordance with hospital policy
- Prepares and maintains the exam rooms and treatment areas
- Performs physical assessments and records observations
- Restrains pets
- Prepares estimates for procedures and discusses financial commitments with clients
- Explains necessary follow up and home care instructions
- Stocks clinic treatment area and exams rooms
- Assists the Veterinarian in medical, surgical procedures; prepares patients for surgery; administers anesthesia; monitors patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids
- Cares for all surgical materials; keeping the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) or License (LVT) preferred but not required
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
Mann Memorial Veterinary Clinic is a full-service animal hospital located in Arundel. We have been serving Southern Maine and the surrounding areas for over 40 years. We offer specialty surgery services, treat injuries, perform dental cleanings and dental radiography, have ultrasonography capabilities, and more. Through our quality work, attention to detail, and prompt service, we have built a solid reputation for customer satisfaction. Our mission is to provide our customers with the most professional, courteous service and quality workmanship, all at an affordable price. Our team is comprised of four wonderful veterinarians, four great veterinary technicians, and our amazing support staff.
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. After all, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
We don’t want to offer you a job, we want to offer you a career! Supporting our employees’ career goals is one of the many ways we’re committed to employee happiness. This is why we have partnered with PennFoster – to offer our employees access to career-focused programs through the Penn Foster Veterinary Academy Program at a Rarebreed discounted rate!
What else do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession with the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (or opt-out incentive)
- Company-paid 3% 401(k) contribution
- Generous paid time off to ensure work/life integration
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Pet Care discounts for your family pets at our clinics
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
- Employment will require the successful completion of references and background checks.
This position may qualify for the Alfond Leaders student debt reduction program, up to 60k! Click here to learn more: https://www.famemaine.com/education/topics/managing-student-loans/alfond-leaders/
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background checks.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/