Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Discover – Apply your knowledge of in vitro pharmacology, cell biology, assay development, and data analysis to help discover and advance novel drug candidates that have the potential to transform the lives of patients and develop new standards of care in areas of unmet medical need.
- Achieve – Work with internal and external partners to deliver high-quality in vitro results to enable decision making on a rapidly growing portfolio of pre-clinical programs.
- Influence – Help guide the strategy of Recursion’s Discovery Platform in onboarding new technologies, adopting new capabilities, and developing novel assays and cellular model systems.
- Collaborate – Work in a cross-functional organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, and data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join our team focused on developing in vitro assays for the world’s leading company in AI-guided drug discovery. You will develop the technology and build the assays used to discover potential therapeutics and determine exactly how and where they interact with human biology. With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, you will work on a diverse array of programs side-by-side with automation engineers, biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers, and many others. Together, we generate the data, systems, tools, and methods to accelerate the discovery of treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals.
The Experience and Skills You’ll Need:
- Advanced degree (MS / PhD) or equivalent experience in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or relevant area of scientific research.
- Experience with design, execution, and analysis of diverse molecular and cell biology methods
- Experience independently guiding projects from the bench, strong written, and verbal communication skills
- Growth mindset, a willingness to learn and to teach, a strong team player
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to think analytically, critically, and creatively to solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment
- A desire to radically improve lives, transform the lives of patients, and discover novel therapeutics
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of applicable industry or drug discovery experience developing in vitro pharmacology assays (preferably related to fibrosis, injury, immunology, or inflammation)
- 1+ years of applicable experience developing miniaturized cell-based assays for small-molecule drug discovery or evaluation (preferred skill sets include high throughput microscopy, fluorescence or luminescence based assays, mammalian cell culture, and cell-based assay development)
- Experience with complex cell culture systems, primary cell culture, co-culture, or 3D culture systems
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as, Cell Profiler, ImageJ, Graphpad Prism, or Spotfire.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.