We believe aircraft should fly themselves. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
Reliable Robotics has year-round internship opportunities for students pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, robotics or a similar field of study. Successful candidates will work alongside senior engineers to design, develop and test flight systems. Our current focus is in finding interns for fall 2021, winter 2022, and spring 2022.
- Work with peers to establish requirements for mechanism and structure designs
- Design and implement simple and reliable mechanical systems
- Perform hand-calculations to size system hardware
- Develop and execute test programs to validate mechanism designs
- Junior or Senior standing in 4-year college degree program in mechanical engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to read and generate part and assembly drawings
- Experience with Solidworks, ANSYS or similar CAD/FEA packages
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Hands on application of mechanical principles
- Previous experience shipping a product
- Solid understanding of structural analysis and mechanism failure modes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail