RIZZO International, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Pittsburgh, PA office. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will assist in the completion of geotechnical projects within a wide variety of market sectors with a focus on dam safety and foundation engineering. The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of our various remedial and new dam design projects, from planning and feasibility studies to conceptual and final design. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer should have experience with the planning and execution of subsurface investigation programs, completion of various geotechnical analyses including seepage and slope stability of earthen embankments, shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures; and development of construction plans and specifications.
• Perform geotechnical calculations for various projects including but not limited to seepage and slope stability of earthen embankments, shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, and tieback anchors.
• Prepare written reports and documentation, geotechnical correspondence, design and construction drawings and specifications.
• Plan subsurface explorations and laboratory testing investigations.
• Execute subsurface investigations in support of geotechnical design including site reconnaissance.
• Provide support during construction of various projects.
• Perform dam safety inspections.
• Travel requirement: approximately 15%
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Professional Engineering License.
• 8+ years of geotechnical experience including numerical modeling of geotechnical systems.
• Experience with basic packages such as GeoStudio, STABL, SLIDE, LPILE.
• Experience with development of geotechnical deliverables including calculation packages, reports, drawings, and specifications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work both independently and within technical teams.
• Master’s with focus on geotechnics.
• Experience with FEM / FDM packages such as PLAXIS 3D, Midas 3D, FLAC3D or similar.
• Programming / Scripting skills.
RIZZO International, Inc. is a woman-owned, highly focused consulting firm specializing in all aspects of civil engineering, earth sciences, and field/testing services for dams, nuclear power plants, and other power-related markets. Our firm has worked around the world on unique, challenging, and technically demanding projects. We take pride in our commitment to providing personal and professional services in a responsive, high quality manner, and continually strive to exceed our clients’ expectations by providing innovative and economically smart solutions. To learn more about our global experience visit us at www.rizzointl.com.
EEOC Disclaimer: RIZZO International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with Federal and State laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Candidates need to submit their resume through our website for consideration: www.rizzointl.com