RIZZO is looking for a senior level hydrology and hydraulic modeler to provide technical supervision and oversight in the area of integrated water resources engineering modeling and hydraulic & hydrology analysis and modeling. The successful candidate should be able to perform flood frequency analysis, water availability and water balance analysis, dam break analysis, embankment erosion & sediment transport analysis for different type of projects, e.g. tailing dams, hydropower, flood control structures, levees and drainage system. The successful candidate will have a solid foundation in hydraulics, surface water hydrology, fluid mechanics & statistics. The successful candidate should also have several years of modeling experience for water related infrastructures. The candidate should be able to develop and run numerical models such Riverflow-2D, FLO-2D, FLOW-3D, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, ANSYS and OpenFOAM. The candidate should have the experience of working with GIS and CADD Software’s.
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Preparations of work plans, reports, and presentations
• Preparation of technical scopes of work for proposals
• Attendance and participation at client and regulatory meetings, both domestic and international
• Technical supervision of junior engineers
• Providing input on planning, budgets, scheduling, etc. primarily for modeling tasks of water resources projects.
Skills & Requirements
Education Requirements: B.S. degree in Civil or Hydraulic Engineering. M.S.,M.Eng preferred.
• 5+ years related experience
• P.E. license or ability to obtain P.E. licensure
• Demonstrated project management experience and technical oversight of water resource projects
• Numerical modeling experience is required.
• Coastal modeling and/or coastal engineering experience helpful but not required.
RIZZO International, Inc. (RIZZO) is a women-owned engineering and earth sciences consulting firm with expertise in specialty civil, geotechnical, and structural analysis and design, field and office-based geologic and hydrogeologic investigations, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and analysis, construction management, and testing and inspection. For more than 30 years, our team has provided engineering services for technically challenging dams and water resources, infrastructure, and power generation projects throughout the United States and across much of the globe.
Our firm, originally founded in 1984 as Paul C. Rizzo Associates, employs a qualified staff of technical and design professionals, most with advanced engineering or geoscience degrees and corresponding professional licenses. Our staff collectively works to support projects coordinated from corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but also service clients and markets specific to our regional locations and our key collaborators.
EEOC Disclaimer: RIZZO International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with Federal and State laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Candidates need to submit their resume through our website for consideration: www.rizzointl.com