About the role
As a Backend Engineer (Intern), you will be building and owning certain backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge.
We have internship opportunities available for Winter 2022, Summer 2022, and Fall 2022. You may share your preferences with your Recruiter as you progress in the interview process.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Having a dedicated mentor who will help you navigate through your internship and Robinhood as a whole. From onboarding you on to our tech stack to teaching you about the financial domain, your mentor will get you ramped up and ready to make an impact- all while showing you what it means to be a Robinhoodie!
- Designing, building, testing, and releasing software solutions with stringent correctness and scalability requirements
- Partnering with various cross-functional teams to solve critical problems across the Robinhood organization
- Working with other financial institutions to build products and gain insight into the industry
- Maintaining and scaling an existing codebase
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date in 2023
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Passion and interest for financial technology
- Prior software engineering experience from internships, hackathons, or other side projects
- Familiarity with Python/Django or Go
- Understanding of relational databases and transactions
- Passion for finance and/or desire to learn more about the domain
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go are the main languages and frameworks of choice
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Kafka for event streaming
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)