About the role:
We are looking for Software Engineers to work within our Security team to build tools and services that secure our platform and our users. You will be building large-scale systems to protect Robinhood customers. You will play a critical role in developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is secured using the best mechanisms available.
We have internship opportunities available for Winter 2022, Summer 2022, and Fall 2022. You may share your preferences with your Recruiter as you progress in the interview process.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Building tools and services that secure our platform and protect our users from attacks such as account takeover and phishing
- Building microservices for core infrastructure (authentication, authorization, and risk monitoring)
- Design and engineer cloud security services and infrastructure
- Working with the product and backend engineering teams to build a user trust and safety product
- Working with the security team to fix any security bugs that are identified
- Working with the data science team to use patterns of suspicious activity to proactively build intelligence tools to predict and prevent potential attacks against the platform
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date in 2023
- Proficiency in Python, Go or similar programming language.
- Familiarity in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience with AWS or other cloud systems
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, or Incident Response teams
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, GoLang as the main languages and frameworks
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Kafka for event streaming
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)