Roosevelt & Cross is a municipal bond broker-dealer and underwriter headquartered in the financial district of New York City. We originate new bond and note issues for state and local governments, and market those securities to a large volume of retail and institutional investors. The firm is entirely employee-owned and directed.
We seek a self-motivated individual to assist personnel in our core departments. The position available is a full time Research Associate position for the Research department that will also provide backup for the Public Finance department as needed and when workflow permits
The Research department requires support in obtaining and disseminating information in connection with new bond and note issues that are coming to market. We will provide training in these processes, as well as in verifying the bond and note issues’ due diligence compliance with regulatory requirements. The position also involves responding to requests concerning secondary market securities that are held by, being offered to, or sold by our clients. This is a transaction-focused role where accuracy and timeliness are of utmost importance.
Research supports all the other departments of the firm: underwriting, trading, sales, public finance, and project finance. The Associate will be exposed to these areas to gain an understanding of what they do, and how Research’s work fits into that.
The Public Finance department serves the investment banking needs of the firm’s public sector/municipal clients. Public Finance is looking for assistance in organizing data and materials for proposals and presentations.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
· Must be detail oriented
· Able to adjust to various paces of work
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Understanding of the municipal bond market, not required but is a plus
· FINRA Licensing (Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 52, Series 63)
· FINRA Licensing not required prior to hiring. Study materials will provided
· All 3 exams must be passed and completed within 9months of the hire date
· SIE must be passed within the first 4 months.
· Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, transit check and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.