ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2022 INTERN POSITION
Founded in 1936, Roseburg Forest Products is a privately owned company and one of North America’s leading producers of particleboard, medium density fiberboard and thermally fused laminates. Roseburg also manufactures softwood and hardwood plywood, lumber, LVL and I-joists. The company owns and sustainably manages more than 600,000 acres of timberland in Oregon, North Carolina and Virginia, as well as an export wood chip terminal facility in Coos Bay, Ore. Roseburg products are shipped throughout North America and the Pacific Rim. To learn more about the company please visit www.Roseburg.com.
Forestry Technician Intern for timber sale layout, forest inventory, GIS data collection and assisting with various silviculture projects.
- Forest inventory of juvenile, mid-rotation, and merchantable timber
- Unit layout for silviculture projects
- Boundary line maintenance
- Harvest unit layout
- Perform timber stand assessments and prepare summary reports
- Assist Foresters and Manager with various projects
- Models Company core values
- Forest Management, Forest Operations Management, Forest Engineering, or Natural Resources Major, has not graduated and returning to school
- Ability to read a topographic map and basic orienteering skills
- A valid driver’s license and good driving history
- Ability to work outside in harsh terrain and extreme environmental conditions
- Working knowledge of GIS, word processing and spreadsheet computer programs
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work independently or with a crew in a forest environment
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Dates of employment: May 2022 – September 2022 (dates are flexible to accommodate school schedules)
Wage: This is an hourly position with a wage commensurate with experience. This is a temporary position and does not qualify for benefits.