RS&H is currently seeking an Entry Level Environmental Planning Specialists for our Aviation Practice in Houston, TX.
A select number of applicants who apply to this role will be invited to RS&H’s annual Aviation Career Day. Taking place on October 18th & 19th, this year’s virtual event will be bringing industry experts and aspiring professionals together for a unique hiring experience.
While typically this event takes place at our corporate headquarters in Jacksonville, FL – we have decided to move the event to a virtual setting to maintain your health and safety.
- Interaction with RS&H leadership
- Lunch provided by RS&H via UberEats
- HR interviewing tips
- Virtual social event to get to know one another
- Remote interviewing via Zoom
Our team is passionate about aviation. We provide environmental planning services at airports throughout the U.S. Our clients focus on outstanding environmental and technical excellence and share our passion for aviation. We foster, value, and reward people who are creative, self-motivated, and collegial. You will have an opportunity to further your career as an Environmental Specialist by delivering projects of varying sizes and complexity. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that will embrace your ideas to even better serve our great clients.
This individual will be part of the Environmental Planning Service Group providing support and consulting expertise to Aviation clients on a national level. They will assist with environmental documentation services for airport improvement projects.
- Requires an accredited Bachelors degree in planning, aviation, environmental science, or related field (completed by June 2022)
- Understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), federal environmental laws and regulations, and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Orders associated with compliance with federal laws and regulations
- Exposure to preparing NEPA documentation (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements) for airport improvement projects
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential for use in completing assignments
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS is desired
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment and responsive to deadlines
- Understanding of or strong interest in working in an airport/airfield environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Desired Completed Coursework: ecology, geology, biology, water resources/hydrology, environmental regulation/law/policy, and stakeholder engagement/public outreach
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information