We are looking for an experienced, tech-savvy marketing copywriter and content strategist to help craft commerce content for our editorial publication, https://www.findersandkeep.com/. The lifestyle blog (which features products and services we review), heavily features deal posts, buying guides, sponsored articles and other marketing collateral. Content will range from online guides and articles to newsletters and social media posts.
The perfect candidate has a few years of experience in professional copywriting, working specifically with online brands and is comfortable with writing about categories including but not limited to: home, kitchen / cooking, lifestyle, gardening, parenting, and health & wellness.
The ideal candidate would bring organizational skills, a general knowledge of SEO / affiliate / sponsored content and an ability to lead a small team.
Daily responsibilities for this role include creating and scheduling new blog post content for Finder’s and Keep, publishing the monthly agency newsletter, tracking website traffic and user engagement and recording affiliate revenue and earnings per click across the agency portfolio.
Ultimately, you will ensure our web content is on brand and adds value to existing and potential customers.
If you have creative ideas about how to engage our audience online and have experience producing new content types, we’d like to meet you. Please share a portfolio or links to your published work, along with your application.
This is a part-time, remote job
- Manage editorial calendar to ensure timely publication of agency blog, Finders and Keep.
- Write product reviews that provide valuable information to customers and drive new users to client’s site – with potential opportunity to test / write about these products in-hand.
- Manage a small team of writers and assign copywriting work accordingly.
- Identify gaps in Finders and Keep content and recommend new topics.
- Create a Finders and Keep style guide based on strategic recommendations and new content roadmap.
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication.
- Schedule social media posts for all Finders and Keep accounts.
- Collaborate with SEO team to research keyword volume on relevant categories.
- Monitor web traffic and engagement (e.g. conversions and bounce rates).
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles.
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics.
- Review and update published content as needed.
- Find freelance writers and negotiate compensation.
- Researching 5+ products to recommend for each product review article you write and translating basic information into insightful details that are valuable to customers.
- Communicating with marketing coordinator in an efficient & timely manner as part of the research process prior to crafting content in the CMS.
- Proven work experience as a Content Strategist, Content Manager or similar role.
- Strong writing skills tailored for marketing and e-commerce in English.
- Strong research skills that display a deep understanding of products.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical background is a plus.
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, like WordPress.
- Basic understanding of HTML and web publishing.
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz and Google Keyword Planner).
- Experience using social media for business.
- Time-management skills.
- Ability to guide and motivate team members.
- A portfolio of published articles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and deadline focused, with a get-things-done attitude.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- BS in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field.