Attention Juniors, Seniors or Master’s Students, we invite you to explore a career in the aerospace industry at Safran Test Cells. Safran Test Cells is an aerospace engineering company responsible for the design and supply of aero-engine test facilities and test equipment. We are a subsidiary of Safran Group, an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 90,000 employees and is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters.
As a Acoustic Engineering Student Worker, you will have the opportunity to use and expand your foundational Aerospace/Acoustic Engineering knowledge. You will work as a member of a cross-functional Engineering team to contribute to team efforts in both engineering projects and sales campaigns by applying knowledge of environmental noise, building acoustics and vibrations for the development of test facility acoustic solutions.
· Support build of acoustic simulations to characterize and validate acoustic solution
· Organize and maintain engine noise database and project files
· Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
· Junior, Senior, or Master’s student, pursuing a degree in Aerospace or Acoustical Engineering or related field
· Must have taken advanced engineering courses in ANSYS CFD
· Matlab experience preferred
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Project Management skills
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
Duration: Fall 2021 Semester, exact start and end date dependent upon student’s schedule
Hours: M-F, 10-15 hours a week
Interested students should submit a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in this opportunity, how this opportunity fits in with your career goals, and your past accomplishments. Interested students should submit a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in this opportunity, how this opportunity fits in with your career goals, and your past accomplishments.