The Food & Beverage Intern will support Restaurant Management in all activities across all resort outlets. They will be expected to open & close outlets, host, serve, bar tend, prep food, assist with banquets, and act as manager on duty in the absence of the Restaurant Managers. They are responsible for ensuring quality of service and 100% guest satisfaction while maintaining a positive attitude.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Welcome all guests in an attentive and inviting way ensuring the ideal experience.
· Knowledgeable of: All food, beverage, alcohol, tobacco, and retail products on menu.
· Provide efficient, timely food & beverage service in accordance to menu and quality standards.
· Input and process orders from guests and other on-course outlets via point of sale system.
· Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, and production, storeroom, service and other areas in accordance with company quality standards.
· Comply with applicable health, food, beverage, alcohol, tobacco, fire and other laws/requirements.
· Ensure that company cost controls and inventory procedures are consistently followed.
· Provide an accurate and presentable display of menu, retail items, snacks, and condiments.
· Maintain adequate supply of product, administrative, cleaning, and kitchen supplies.
· Perform daily requisition and proper transportation of supplies from clubhouse, kitchen, and storage areas.
· Assist F&B Manager and supervisors to ensure that sanitation, safety, energy management, preventive maintenance and other programs are in place in areas of responsibility.
· Assist F&B Manager and supervisors to monitor inventory and ensure that financial goals of the company are attained.
· Other assigned duties by a supervisor, manager, or other member of management.
· Be currently enrolled at a University, College, or Community College and have the option to receive college credit for the internship
· Food & Beverage, Hospitality or Business Majors preferred.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· All Staff required to take Learn2Serve Training on Alcohol, Tobacco, and Food Handling.
· Ability to be handle and serve products containing tobacco or alcohol.
· Valid driver’s license.
- Employee meal program
- Free/discounted onsite staff housing
- Free grass court tennis
- Free golf on all 3 courses
- Discounts in our restaurants and retail shop
Sand Valley LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer