Assist with the day-to-day operational Front Desk activities including but not limited to check in and check out procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with guests, management, staff and co-workers.
- Provide guests with all pertinent information regarding resort policies.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Contact guests prior to arrival to make sure all details of reservation are correct and special requests are noted.
- Handle all in room amenity requests and special requests from guests and management.
- Perform check-in and checkout procedures. Complete check-ins and check-outs in a proactive manner.
- Provide concierge-type service.
- Oversee shift closures and verify that all the essential duties of a shift closure have been successfully completed.
- Work with service providers, such masseuse and shuttle transportation, to provide amenities for guests.
- Take golf and hotel reservations over the phone and/or in person as required.
- Provide friendly, positive, up-beat and hospitable service at all times. Publicly support all resort policies while ensuring that all other front desk staff are doing so.
- Ability to reconcile shift banks/financial statements.
- Promote resort amenities (restaurant, bar, retail) to guests in order to maximize resort revenue.
- Displays courtesy and professionalism in all contacts, and will manage difficult or sensitive situations effectively.
- Demonstrates a calm and professional manner under the pressure of shifting priorities.
- Assist guests and staff with disputed billing situations.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma required. College degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prefer a working knowledge of Visual One and Golf Pro
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Sand Valley LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer