As a Deputy Sheriff you will be responsible for enforcing the laws in communities throughout Santa Clara County. You will serve bench warrants, be responsible for the execution of all civil court orders, and work in cooperation with other agencies on specialized county-wide law enforcement task forces. Additionally, you can work in the three contract cities of Cupertino, Los Altos Hills and Saratoga, where you will serve as their law enforcement agency. We even provide law enforcement services to the Superior Courts of California, County Parks, and the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) We are everywhere, and you can be to!
- 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- High school graduate or pass a high school equivalency test.
- 38 semester units or 57 quarter units from an accredited college.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Pass a complete background investigation including fingerprints and a search of local, state, and nation files for a criminal history.
- Pass a psychological evaluation and pass a thorough medical examination based on medical standards for P.O.S.T.
- For a full list of minimum requirements, see the job posting at www.SCCJobs.org.