Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with patrons, potential patrons, and state inspectors in assigned area.
Provide valued added advice and guidance as well as technical direction to producers on all matters concerning milk production, productivity, quality, facility sanitation, and safety issues.
Maintain a strong working knowledge of the following areas to include (but not limited to:
- Milk pricing, PMO (Pasteurized Milk Ordinance), and state regulations.
- Regulatory and laboratory testing requirements and procedures including proper sampling techniques.
- Milking systems design, sources, issues affecting quality and treatment options.
- Facility design & operation to ensure compliance with federal/state regulations.
- Transportation of milk, including pick up and unloading.
Must possess a valid drivers’ license and be insurable
Maintain a current Weigher/Sampler license for all states served (preferred)
- Appropriate licenses may be obtained shortly after hire (employer incurred cost)
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to work independently.
High level of dependability and tactfulness.
Extensive travel in designated region is required.
A background in dairy/science/agriculture preferred.