Who are we?
Save the Chimps operates the largest privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary in the world. Located on nearly 150 acres, the Sanctuary, located on the Treasure Coast of Florida, provides lifetime care and enrichment for chimpanzees rescued from research laboratories, entertainment, and the pet trade. Save the Chimps was established in 1997 and is home to over 200 chimpanzees. The work of the organization is accomplished by a nonprofit board of directors, more than 60 full-time employees, and a number of community volunteers.
Save the Chimps is seeking a marketing intern who is excited about learning new skills and developing a marketing mindset. The ideal candidate must have a strong desire to contribute thoughtful ideas and utilize technology to support the mission of Save the Chimps.
Areas you will be learning about as a Marketing Intern:
- How to create, launch and measure marketing and social media campaigns
- Skills related to creating compelling copy/ content
- Market research skills
- Social media analytics skills
- How to manage website updates
- How to organize data and report results / new ideas to our marketing team
- Skills related to building, presenting, and executing marketing strategies through assisting the Marketing Team
- Background in Business, Journalism, Media & Technology, Advertising and Marketing Communications or other related disciplines
- Interest in learning new technologies and software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but not required
- Familiarity with photo and video editing desired, but not required
- Familiarity with Keynote/ PowerPoint is a plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS is a plus
The opportunity is available for the general Spring 2022 semester. Please note this is a non-paid internship, with flexible hours (minimum of 16 hrs per week) to reflect your necessary college credit requirements. Individuals selected will be required to provide their own computers and equipment.
Applicants for internship opportunities in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.