Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
At Seagate, we are passionate about keeping our employees safe and healthy, and ensuring that our operations are environmentally responsible in the communities where we do business. Our efforts are the result of over a decade of collecting environmental, health, and safety performance indicators, which continue to be used to develop strategies for reducing the risk that is associated with our operations. Today, our EH&S Management systems ensure that we are successful in our overall goal of operational excellence through continuous improvements in our risk reduction and mitigation efforts. Through the EH&S programs that are implemented throughout our organization, we can be assured that our employees and contractors work safely and integrate EH&S procedures and practices into daily work activities, projects, and programs.
About the role – you will:
- Assist in the review and enhancement of Corporate Safety programs to include development of training material, regulatory compliance, stakeholder feedback, etc.
- Other general EHS Tasks, as needed with the opportunity to gain exposure to various Corporate EHS programs including Ergonomics Program, Training Program, Safety Inspection Program, Electrical Safety Program, etc.
- Through this position, you will work both independently and in consultation with technical professionals at the site.
- You will gain valuable experience that complements class work and that provides essential career development opportunities.
- You will learn to apply engineering, analytical, and communication skills to impact the bottom line.
- The position is flexible and specific tasks will depend on the successful applicant’s knowledge, skill set, and interests.
- Project(s) will expose you to a wide variety of EHS practices, will provide exposure to Seagate EHS Policies, and will give the student experience working with both EHS and Facilities professional(s).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be creating trainings
- Excels at time management and meeting deadlines
- Interested in project management
Your experience includes:
- Pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Heath and Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other related degree and returning to school in Fall 2022
- Completion of coursework in various EHS programs
- Experience with PowerPoint and presentation
Colorado’s 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $17-27. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees’ health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.