Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
The Product Security Office (PSO) manages product security enterprise-wide. The PSO vision is to lead the industry in cyber security brand, policy, governance, value, and transparency for our products and solutions. The PSO mission is to understand, architect, and mobilize leadership product security strategy, policy, and processes for our products, solutions, infrastructure, operations, supply chain, customers, and consumers.
About the role – you will:
As a Product Security Intern, you will assist the Product Security Test & Evaluation team by working on one or two of our projects.
1. Risk Assessment & Remediation Management
- Perform quantitative risk assessments
- Analyze the data, sort and segment data, find trends, recommend course of action
- Work cross-functionally by scheduling, conducting meetings, and writing minutes and actions in support of the project objectives
- Understand enterprise risk and security management
2. SW Penetration Testing & Threat Modeling
- Analyze data, discover trends, classify results
- Write a report on the findings
- Create slide show presentation and record audio that narrates the results
- Learn pentesting tools and threat modeling process and tool
We offer you an opportunity to:
- Join a fun, exciting and collaborative team
- Experience how to work cross-functionally
- Learn more about product security and project management
- Interested in Product Security
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Motivated to work in research and design of security technology
- Knowledgeable in basic Cyber Security Concepts
Your experience includes:
- Pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, or Cyber Security and be returning to school in Fall 2022 as a Junior or Senior
- Classwork or experience with analyzing data and presenting your findings
- Classwork or experience with project management
- Understanding different layers of defense in depth within the OSI Model.
- Ability to work with different Linux Distros and Windows in testing environments
- Experience within software development such as Python/C++/Golang
- Any security certifications is a plus: Security+, Pentest+, OSCP, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker, SANS
Colorado’s 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $17-25. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
In response to COVID-19, this position may temporarily begin and be performed virtually. Seagate is actively evaluating the virus and our employees’ health and safety are our top priority. In the future, this position will report to and be performed in our Longmont, CO location.
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Full-time during summer (typically May – Aug)
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm.
The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.