AUDIENCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Seattle Opera is accepting applications for the position of Audience Services Representative. This part-time, 20 hour-a-week (up to 40 hours a week during performance weeks), seasonal, hourly position reports to the Audience Services Manager. This is a seasonal position expected to run through May, 2022.
This position is responsible for providing excellent service to a diverse audience through ticketing transactions and general information dissemination by phone, online, and in person. Work includes occasional (required) nights and weekends at Seattle Opera performances.
· This position acts as the first point of contact for many of Seattle Opera’s patrons and is expected to provide excellent service at all times.
· Provide information and personalized assistance to customers by phone, mail, chat, email, and in person. This includes single and subscription ticket sales, exchanges, refunds, and customer service issue resolution.
· Communicate internally across departments to ensure a consistent and quality experience among our patronage.
· Fulfill operational duties as assigned, including but not limited to: packaging tickets, scanning documents, and general data entry.
· During performance weeks, work occasional nights and weekends as a Concierge, Hall Ambassador or Box Office Representative.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
· Good computer skills are required, especially Windows applications.
· Must be able to work diplomatically with a variety of individuals, both internally in the office and externally with the public.
· Knowledge of ticketing systems (particularly Tessitura) is preferred.
· Must be a self-motivator and effective problem solver who is able to maintain poise and professionalism under pressure.
· Must be able to communicate via email with patrons using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
· Must be able to lift 10 pounds.
Hours will be part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, with additional hours during performance season and runs not to exceed 40 hours per week. Must have flexible schedule with the ability to work performance nights/weekends as well as daytime hours. During performance weeks this position will be expected to work nights and weekends.
$17.50 per hour.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audience Services Representative” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Seattle Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer.