Accounting Assistant (PART-TIME)
Shepard Bros., a premier family-owned manufacturer and supplier of specialty chemicals and services to a variety of industries in the Western United States, is seeking an Accounting Assistant candidate for a part-time position. This position is to work with a current employee who will be going on leave in the fourth quarter. This is a part-time position working three – 8 hour days (Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Fridays) until October. There is a possibility of requiring 40 hours from October through the time the employee returns. Depending on the output of the candidate, this could become a full-time position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Accurately type, prepare, and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Expense processing.
- Completing Check-runs.
- Research, track and investigate internal/external inquiries as it pertains to distributed mail.
- Enter/process non-inventory invoices.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel.
- Preform credit card statement reconciliations monthly.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- Estimated duty/work percentage: 30% filing and mail, 35% expense processing, 35% check-runs.
- Other duties within a reasonable scope for that of an Accounting Assistant.
- Proven working experience as an accounting assistant, clerk, or bookkeeper.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and MS Office.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting software (i.e. MS Dynamics AX).
- Strong working knowledge of expense software (i.e. SAP Concur)
- Integrity and ability to work independently.
- MUST HAVE a strong attention to detail and a focused sense of urgency.
- MINIMUM of AA-degree in Accounting, Finance, or any other business-related degree
- This is an office-based position and physical demands will be consistent to that of office, administrative, or receptionist work.