CHEF de PARTIE:
Come expose your craft to our state-of-the-art kitchen. This kitchen was designed to create culinary experiences for our Exclusive Members and their guests. Join us in an environment where both the new graduate and seasoned chef can practice and thrive. Here we value trust and respect with an emphasis on daily education. Imagine unprecedented opportunities to create culinary experiences on a golf course, or progressive dinners at our members’ homes, traveling on ATV’s to remote locations, or creating a one of a kind food experience at a yurt on top of a mountain! This is a once in a lifetime place to work, come assist the Executive and Sous Chef’s with all their duties to expand your career.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU…
· You have a sense of Maturity and Leadership
· The ability to functionally multi-task with speed and grace
· You possess a functional understanding of the front and back of the house
· Prior experience in both front and back of the house positions
· You present initiative and ingenuity with minimal supervision.
· You maintain an optimistic and positive demeanor
· You readily assist other team members as needed.
· Take pride in being the final ‘inspector’, approving the plating before it is presented to the guest.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
· Develop new recipes
· Make important and logical decisions relating to par levels
· Set up daily mis-en-place.
· Assist in sample cooking of new dishes and establishing recipe standards.
· Assist Chef’s in food requisition to ensure sufficient inventory while minimizing waste.
· Ensure attractive placement of food items, show pieces etc… on display where required.
· Receive food checks, event orders and prepare them to specifications.
· Send for requisitioned items from storeroom, personally verifying both quantity and quality.
· Re-organize refrigerators, re-stock items up to par and reorganize section for next meal preparation.
· Supervise the general cleaning and proper handling of food leftovers after meal services.
What you need to be successful:
· High School Diploma or equivalent and a 2 Year Culinary Degree or commensurate experience 7+ years in the culinary industry.
· Ability read and prepare standardized recipes according to Chef’s specifications.
· Able to organize and prioritize daily par sheets.
· Ability to read banquet BEO.
· A working understanding of proper food handling, equipment and utensils.
· Ability to cooperatively delegate work properly and in a fair manner, creating smooth operations in the kitchen.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with fellow associates supervisors, managers and staff.
· Must be able to quickly assess situations, determine priority, create a strategy and implement it.
· Superior multi-task abilities while maintaining a high level of organization remaining detail oriented.
· Able to sustain a fast pace while staying focused on the finest of details.
· Must be able to understand and utilize Shore Lodge’s expeditor system.
· Know the facilities fire and safety standards and operation of kitchen and fire response equipment.
· Maintenance of work station, assist with prep and cleaning.
· Prior experience in banquet food preparation preferred.