Come share your Culinary Craft here in the beautiful mountains of Idaho. Experience Work/Life Balance like no other. You will find the outdoor experiences to be world class and the opportunities endless! From White Water Rafting to Zip Lining; from Cliff Diving to Huckleberry picking, this is the premier outdoor living escape! Check out our Awards…
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU:
· Present initiative and ingenuity with only general supervision.
· Maintain an optimistic personality to handle high-pressure environment.
· Exhibit a sense of Maturity and Leadership while functionally multi-tasking with speed and grace.
· Assist other team members as needed and any reasonable requests from management.
· You maintain a clean work station and assist with prep and cleaning.
· Possess a working knowledge of the front and back of the house.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Read, understand and execute standardized recipes as well as development of new recipes.
· Assist Chef’s in food requisition to ensure sufficient inventory while minimizing waste.
· Ensure attractive placement of food items, show pieces etc… on display where required.
· Receive food / event orders and prepare them to specifications.
- Make logical decisions relating to par levels.
- Possess the ability to read banquet BEO.
- Set up daily mis-en-place.
· Send for requisitioned items from storeroom, personally verifying both quantity and quality.
· Supervise the general cleaning and proper handling of food leftovers after meal services.
· Reorganize refrigerators, re-stock items up to par and reorganize section for next meal preparation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
· High School Diploma or equivalent and a 2 Year Culinary Degree or commensurate experience 5+ years in the culinary industry
· Must be able to read and prepare standardized recipes according to Chef’s specifications
· Possess and exhibit an understanding of proper food handling, equipment and utensils
· Ability to cooperatively delegate work properly and in a fair manner thereby creating smooth operations in the kitchen
· Must be able to quickly assess situations, determine priority, create a strategy and implement it
· Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of organization remaining detail oriented
· Must be able to communicate effectively with fellow associates, supervisors, managers and staff
· Must be able to sustain a fast pace while staying focused on the finest of details
· Take pride in being the final ‘inspector’ for our product, approving it before it is presented to the guest
· Must be able to understand and utilize Shore Lodge’s expeditor system
· Know the facilities fire and safety standards and operation of kitchen and fire response equipment
· Able to function with prolonged periods of standing and walking in hot kitchen environment