KITCHEN ASSISTANT JOB SUMMARY
Our successful Shore Lodge, Kitchen Assistants Assist in food preparation by having the ability to follow recipes and/or product directions. They take pride in supporting the Food and Beverage team by washing, cleaning, organizing and maintaining a clean dish room and kitchen at our multiple facilities. This is a crucial in upholding our quality standards. They directly support our mission to be the employer of choice in McCall, where family and friends gather for great food and good times.
· You are a proven, effective team player with strong organization and communication skills.
· A self-motivated individual with positive energy and a desire to create a safe and clean work environment.
· A passion for delivering exceptional Guest service at all times and a genuine enjoyment working with others.
· You have an eye for detail, but balanced with swift execution – Doing things quickly and efficiently.
· You have the ability to stand for long periods of time as well as bend, reach and squat frequently.
· You are able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
· Possess or have the ability to obtain a Food Handler’s Card.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
· Clean and sanitize all dishes, glassware, pots, pans and utensils, equipment and the work environment.
· Practice excellent food safety and sanitation practices handle small-wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
· Properly operate and maintain commercial dish-washing and sanitizing machines.
· Assist with Back of House operations to ensure we are guest ready at all times. (removing used pans and small-wares from the cooking line, taking out trash, refreshing sanitizer buckets, etc.)
· Maintain a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area ensuring floors are clean, sweeping mopping and polishing etc.
· Ensure that prep lists are completed by the end of the shift with no unauthorized overtime
· Monitor food quality, all refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation, minimize spoilage
· Check daily production sheets and verify with Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef as to daily work needs
· Ability to help prepare orders according to the established standard
· Leave work stations in a clean and orderly fashion. All foods must be covered, labeled, and properly stored
· Be familiar with all kitchen equipment, their functions and maintenance requirements
· Gain and possess an understanding/knowledge and adherence to kitchen policies and procedures
· Know all safety and emergency procedures and participate in recycling procedures of trash disposal
· Wear gloves when handling food that is ‘ready-to-eat’
· Make logical decisions relating to par levels, must be able to organize and prioritize daily par sheets.
· Learn to read and understand banquet BEO
· Make daily a thorough mis-en-place of all items featured on the menu
· Must be able to read standardized recipes and help prepare
· Communicate effectively with co-workers and managers; ensure efficient and effective communication with front of house staff
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
· High School Equivalency, some Vocational or Technical Schooling in the culinary arena preferred
· Ability to work and/or be exposed to high heat sources, steam, boiling liquids, sharp knives, electrical equipment and potentially wet floors. Extreme caution must be exercised when encountered with these conditions
· Lifting supplies or equipment of 30 pounds or more.
· Frequent periods of pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching in a hot kitchen environment.
· Prolonged periods of standing and walking in hot kitchen environment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
We are a full-service Hotel and Members Club, our reason for being, our vision is to provide Lifetime Memories for our Members and Guests, we are a company providing progressive and meaningful career opportunities, our vision is the driving force in how we operate, make decisions and interact with one another.
Our Mission: Long-Term Value Creation; Leadership Excellence; Passion for Hospitality; Efficient Operations and Flawless Execution
Quality – Delivering First-Class Service
Family — Opportunity, Diversity, Trust
Inspired Teamwork – Creativity, Passion, Success
Communication – Listening, Understanding, Resolution
Accountability – Responsibility, Commitment, Focus
Integrity – Conducting ourselves with Unwavering Integrity
Execution – Consistently Flawless Execution
Results – Achieving Extraordinary Results