MASSAGE THERAPIST SUMMARY:
Our successful Massage Therapists perform various massage modalities and body treatments. They possess a high level of guest interaction, greeting guests, reviewing guest’s needs, tailoring treatments and performing treatments. Our Therapists relieve pain, help rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of our guests. We are enthusiastic, professional and talented staff who build repeat clientele and receive glowing reviews for our 4 Star Spa, The Cove. Additional responsibilities exist in the operational flow of The Cove at all times and to represent yourself as part of the entire Shore Lodge and Whitetail team. All Spa Therapists are required to maintain their state licensure and continuing education requirements.
- State Requirements: Idaho State Massage Licensing
- The Cove Requirements: Minimum of 500 hours of massage coursework completed at an accredited school. A minimum of 1 year hands on experience is required and 3+ years preferred.
- Background check and 2 professional references required.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- To perform massage therapy services in an appropriate, therapeutic manner maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- To be punctual to scheduled shift and scheduled appointments.
- To identify possible contraindications, requests or issues before performing massage for a guest.
- To assist guest in enjoying their entire experience at The Cove and throughout the property.
- To set-up, breakdown and clean-up assigned workspace(s) and assist in maintaining guest and staff common areas.
- Customer Service Representative of The Cove and the entire Shore Lodge and Whitetail properties.
- To assist, as needed with stocking supplies, retail, laundry, locker rooms and reception duties as needed.
- To recommend and promote retail product, re-booking appointments and other treatments on Spa menu
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Experience working in a customer driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, management and guests.
- Ability to work with a team and maintain a daily schedule of clients.
- Continuing education courses completed in massage.
- Clean background check
- 3 years working at a Day Spa, Spa Resort or similar business preferred.
- Experienced in the following modalities: Swedish, deep tissue, sports, aromatherapy, hot stone massage
- Preferred experience in one or more of the following specialties; reflexology, prenatal and myofacial.