We are committed to helping students continue their education by providing them knowledge and experience working in the turf/grounds industry. Our goal is to provide students the opportunity to shadow in a large variety of job tasks, gain important and useful skills for future experiences, and to establish and accomplish educational and vocational goals for personal achievement.
This program provides first-hand knowledge and experience learning the appropriate skills and tools necessary in resort Golf Course and Turf Maintenance in a beautiful private club setting. The student will learn the basics of daily grounds management; including assisting in delegating duties to crew members and opportunities to lead small crews.
Summers here are incredibly beautiful and those who enjoy the outdoors will absolutely love this job. Come experience a summer on the sandy shores of Payette Lake!
WHO ARE WE?
Whitetail Club is the premier private community in the Pacific Northwest. The allure of this hidden gem in
McCall, Idaho stems from the natural luxuries of the area, which are at once action-packed and serene. Seasons here present their own prospects for adventure and relaxation— from thrilling ski runs lauded by National Geographic to ancient hot springs. We invite you to experience a career opportunity on the edge of the wild.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO?
- Perform general landscape maintenance using hand held equipment autonomously.
- Rake and maintain sand bunkers and assist with edging, trimming and mowing utilizing small machinery.
- Golf Course maintenance, weeding and debris clean up.
- Operate walking equipment in mowing greens collars and tees.
- Assist with golf course set-up procedures; perform pruning and plugging etc..
- Prepare soil beds for sod, seed and vegetative material.
- Assist with fertilizer applications on tees, fairways and rough areas.
- Operate utility vehicles and riding equipment for hauling material, mowing and removing debris.
- Operate sod cutter, trencher, tamper, dump truck and tractors for project work and hauling purposes.
- Operates equipment safely and is aware of associates and their prospective work areas.
- Maintain flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager.
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Prior knowledge of greens, fairways and rough maintenance, familiarization and knowledge of equipment operation and the tools necessary in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- General Math Skills including addition, subtraction and multiplication