SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Irving, TX
SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company, and we want you to be a part of it! SiriusXM + Pandora interns don’t make coffee. They’re on-air, writing code, working on projects, and making valuable contributions to the company. Join our internship program and learn about the world of audio entertainment and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
The Connected Vehicle (CV) Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
SiriusXM is looking for an DevOps intern to support the IT ops team at SiriusXM CV. This is a position in DevOps that will require the ability to write and communicate clearly, and to respond quickly to changes in requirements and/or schedules. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a cooperative manner with software development engineers, SQA testers, release management team, and network/systems engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to install and configure software, perform debugging writing scripts and running diagnostics.
- Support DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, BitBucket/GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus Lifecycle
- AWS cloud services knowledge but not limiting to:
- Compute: EC2, Lambda, EBS, Serverless app, Load Balancer
- Perform all other duties and projects assigned.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pursuing or have received a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related technical discipline with an IT focus.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evening hours.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Natural curiosity and flexibility in problem solving.
- Ability to generate insights from information.
- Excellent communication and customer interfacing skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and 8, Office 2007, 2010, 2014.
- Working knowledge of Unix systems (Linux/AIX).
- Scripting Knowledge such as Python, Perl, Groovy and Java.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.