SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Atlanta, GA
Our Engineers get to solve cool problems for more than 100 million users, using Big Data. We have an opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic software engineering intern to participate on our team as a Software Engineer and develop high-quality software for the Pandora music service as we bring it to our large and growing community of listeners. You will be challenged to become a significant contributor on a hard-working team, and to take pride in your work. We have high expectations, and are looking for very knowledgeable and capable interns with solid software development skills. This position is designed to provide you with an opportunity to learn and gain experience crafting solutions to “real world” challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software design and development project work, including web application and server-side development
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Previous experience in software development – work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc. preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong academic credentials, solid understanding of software development, and personal responsibility for testing the code you write
- Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills
- Must be willing to take initiative and follow through to completion
- Must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java/Kotlin
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, design patterns and their impact on application concurrency
- Working knowledge of SQL/ NoSQL based database solutions
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.