SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Atlanta, GA/New York, NY/ Oakland, CA
SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
We are looking for a curious, smart, and enthusiastic intern to join the Product & UX Research team, where you’ll have ownership over your own projects and the opportunity to learn from experienced researchers and product partners.
In this role you’ll be working to uncover motivations and preferences that drive users’ behaviors when it comes to audio listening and using streaming services. We’re looking for someone passionate about using insights to help drive design decisions in product and advertising experiences, and interested in music and audio content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross functional groups including Product, User Experience Design, Product Marketing, and Engineering to identify key product enhancements & opportunities.
- Under mentorship, design and lead research studies that assess desirability, usability, and satisfaction of new and proposed product features.
- Assist in development of testing plans, moderatoring guides, surveys. Perform data collection, data analyses, reporting and communications of findings and insights.
- Present research approach and findings to key stakeholders.
- Participate in ideation sessions for future product features. Help build personas, scenarios, journey maps and/or storyboards when needed.
- Process and organize research artifacts for team members to review and reference.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD degree in human computer interaction, psychology, information science, statistics, data science, interaction design or a related field.
- Experience conducting design and product research using qualitative and quantitative methods. Relevant project or internship work experience in an applied research setting preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Strong focus on delivering insights that will lead to action.
- Innovative mindset that will help improve our products.
- Executes on opportunities to influence positive change.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of office productivity tools, Ex. Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with statistical programming language(s) including but not limited to: R, Python, SPSS. Experience with survey design a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.