SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Oakland, CA/New York, NY/Atlanta, GA/Lawrenceville, NJ/Boulder, CO/Remote
As a content science intern, you will be building products and services to identify, organize, and recommend music and non-music content to hundreds of millions of Pandora and SiriusXM listeners at scale. You will join a team of scientists with diverse expertise in machine learning, natural language understanding, information retrieval, and recommendation systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research to solve a broad set of machine learning problems ranging from enhancing content understanding of our music and talk content through advanced NLP/NLU techniques to powering our next generation of personalization services using state-of-the-art recommendation and ranking techniques.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internship is open to current students enrolled in a PhD degree (those graduating by May 2023/2024 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Majors in computer science, machine learning, statistics or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Expertise in natural language processing, recommendation systems, and/or deep learning techniques.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with the Hadoop technology stack.
- Publications at machine learning conferences/journals.
- Expertise in machine learning and statistics, solid programming skills, outstanding communication skills, and ability to work in a team with a diverse skill set.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g., sk-learn, TensorFlow).
- Proficiency with Python or Java.
- Experience with Spark and Scala.
- Experience with SQL (or proprietary equivalent).
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.