SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL / Remote
The Software Test intern will be responsible for designing and implementing test procedures to ensure that software programs work as intended. This position will be a part of the software development team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a cooperative manner with software engineers, product and program managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with software engineers, program managers, requirements managers, and other product stakeholders to understand product features and the complete set of requirements to the software.
- Assist in the development of end-to-end automated & manual regression and performance test scripts
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed.
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases, ensuring the quality and stability of the system throughout the project
- Generate testing completion metrics and analysis, as well as status read-outs to upper management
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, traceability matrices, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems to ensure compliance with software/system specifications.
- Anticipate potential software problems by creating test scenarios.
- The candidate should be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience related to software testing, or otherwise working with computers or other electronic devices is desired.
- Application of software development life cycle concept.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with software testing of user interface or communication protocols.
- Familiarity or knowledge related to software quality assurance process is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.