At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Supply Chain Team for a 12-week internship experience responsible for assisting supply chain team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives.
This role will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities including supplier development, supplier quality, reporting, analytics, and benchmarking. In addition, this role will lead the deployment of Supplier Quality QMS systems and creation of a Supplier Portal.
- Create documentation, manuals, and training (internal and external) to support the Supplier Quality modules of the QMS
- Generate Supplier Quality QMS KPIs and dashboards – analyze performance for potential improvement programs
- Maintain Supplier Relationship Management system (SRM)
- Support Supplier Development team on strategic supplier improvement programs
- Communicate weekly / monthly Scorecards to key suppliers.
- Support Supplier Development team on new supplier qualification assessments.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter/action oriented (Drives Results)
- Process-centric thinker
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strives to meet the requirements of internal/external customers (Customer Focus)
- Works well with diverse teams across the organization (Values Differences)
- Demonstrate capability to work with some ambiguity (Being Resilient)
- Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures and the ability to work both independently and within a team (Instills Trust)
- High level of integrity, professional attitude, reliable and dependable (Accountability)
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High aptitude for technical writing
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as pay attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Working knowledge of PowerBI and other reporting/visualization tools
- Knowledge of SharePoint site and page design required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) a plus
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in Supply Chain Management, Industrial and Systems Engineering or similar.
- Experience in a QMS System is a plus
Additional Program Details:
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law