Job Description Summary
- Specialists will work as assigned in any of several areas in the Front Office department. While at the Bell Stand/Valet Area and front door, the specialist is expected to drive designated vehicles to and from specified destinations and transport luggage to and from guest rooms in a prompt and safe manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Communicate resolved issues to management so that further preventative and maintenance action may be taken.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- As a Valet;
- Welcome guests per Sonesta brand standards, park their vehicle or direct them on where to park as necessary. Retrieve cars for guests departing as necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of parking areas and loading and unloading zones on property.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Valid US Driver License and driving history that shows history of safe conduct. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Safely drive, park, retrieve and move a variety of motor vehicles.
- Frequently standing up for extended periods.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math and simple accounting skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Work Area: Front Door, Valet/Garage stand
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
- Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.