Job Description Summary
The Cook sets the tone for Sonesta’s mission by always going above and beyond for our guests and coworkers. The role’s primary responsibility is to prepare and produce food orders according to quality standards. The Cook shall maintain a safe work environment and follow established sanitation and safety standards.
The ideal candidate has a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Majority of work takes place indoors.
• Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures – i.e. freezers, loading dock.
• Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
Expected Hours of Work
• Must be flexible to work variable days of the week to include weekends and holidays.
• Must be flexible to work variable shifts (days, nights, overnights).
• Ten to twelve-hour shifts are sometimes required.
Education and Experience
• Relevant experience in restaurant or hotel food preparation preferred.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Produce all food orders in a timely and consistent manner in accordance with established quality standards. Test food to ensure the quality and consistency of all meals served.
- Operate all kitchen equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Handle and store food items safely and keep the work area clean and sanitized. Including all opening and closing duties.
- Adhere to established safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Adhere to uniform and grooming standards.
- Perform other duties or projects as requested by management.
Additional Job Description
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Must be able to read recipes and follow their instructions.
- Employ math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, effectively with guests, vendors, and co-workers.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.